Installing MySQL Server on the Ubuntu 14.04 ARM Server is very simple! Follow these quick steps to get MySQL up and running, ready for your databases!
1. Connect to your server via SSH.
2. Login with your username and password.
3. Run the following command:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
4. Follow the prompts to install MySQL (enter Y for ‘Yes’ where necessary).
5. You will be prompted to set a password for MySQL.
6. After it has completed, you can verify that MySQL is installed by running these commands:
To verify that MySQL is running:
To check the version of MySQL installed:
apt-cache show mysql-server | grep version
Congratulations, you are now running MySQL Server and are ready to start creating or importing your databases on your ARM server!